9/17/09

Interview with Christian Bendel...

Please introduce yourself. Since when do you take photos?

Hey, here is Christian Bendel from Hamburg/ Germany. I'm 26 years old, freelance photographer and I started taking photos with 10 years. My first photos were nature and landscape photos... but in a professional way I work since the last 5 years.

For the other photographers: Which equipment do you use to take
picturesatshows?


I have the old Canon D20 body and use it with a canon zoom lens ef-s 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 usm on shows. My flash is an old Metz 45 CL-4 which I activate manual by hand, not with a cable or automatic stuff...

Who/what was your inspiration to start this expensive hobby?

That was definitively my Dad! I learned so much from him about photography and so it didn't take long time that I got my first camera which was a Hanimex 110 Micro. Only a little box of plastic, it's so funny that I made my first photos with a plastic box;)
Later I wanted to catch all this great but also sad moments which you have in your life. After my Mom died on a cerebral tumor in 2000 I started to live my life much stronger than before because it could end so fast! Since that I know that you have to use every day as the last day and music became a very important part in my life! I went to hardcore shows and other concerts and began catching the short moments of energy, positivity, anger and this "we are all together" thing.
Stay positive and enjoy your life!


Do you have a favourite photographer, and if yes, who?

Cindy Frey is awesome! I like her style very much.